Thursday, July 1, 2010

Top 10 Applications

From time to time I get asked what applications do I use to accomplish a task or what is that cool looking icon on your dock? This got me thinking (always scary) on what applications do I most often use to accomplish my every day things. In completing the following list I decided not to list any browsers or any apps from the iLife suite.

Top 10 Applications that I use
  1. NetNewsWire - This is the application I use to stay current w/ all the news/blogs from the web. A lot of people use Google Reader but for me I've always found NetNewsWire to be more then enough for me.
  2. Polaris - A dream come true for anybody that uses Goggle's Blogger as their blogging platform. This is ideal to track network traffic, top hits, referring sites, etc etc.
  3. iChat - In order to keep in touch w/ my friends/family I most often resort to electronic means, mainly email. However, when I'm online and not at work I like to use iChat as my instant messaging client of choice.
  4. Bean - A simple/easy to use word processor that is a bit more robust then text edit as it can handle pics, etc.
  5. Skitch - A fun easy to use photo editor that I use mainly for highlighting and making tutorial screen shots.
  6. Screenflow - Not an everyday app that I use, but quite simply the best screen casting tool around.
  7. Pulp Motion - Far and away my favorite application for making creative slide shows they don't get much better then this!!
  8. PhotoPresenter - A nice alternative to Pulp Motion that is very user friendly.
  9. RapidoStart - A great way to organize all of your apps in a visual way.
  10. OmniDazzle - A presenters dream, nice to create effects/spotlight around cursor.

2 comments:

  1. I am a middle school Tech teacher and new to blogging. I'm glad I found your site and will be a subscriber. I've heard of some of your Top 10 Aps, but not all. Do you think these are user friendly for middle schoolers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all of those the two I would recommend checking out for Middle School students would be Pulp Motion and Photopresenter. You can download a free trial on their site to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!